First visit Questionnaire
Preliminarily, you will have to fill out a questionnaire (a link will be sent by email), and to transmit it to the rehabilitation center in functional neurology (CRNF) a fortnight prior to the first visit. This questionnaire consists of determining your child’s medical history but also some eventual deficiencies. These deficiencies can be cognitive, behavioral, motor, digestive, etc.
After examining all the information requested, including your medical history, we will meet for a first time with your child. This first contact will allow us to determine whether a further investigation and an assessment & tests are required, and to specify these so-called tests. We will respond to any questions that may persiste.
This first appointment takes about 30 min.
Throughout the meeting, our practitioners will answer your enquiries and questions. After compiling the data, they will be able to explain the appropriate therapeutic approach.
Pre-visit questionnaire to be filled and return at least 15 days prior the first visit and the assessment.
Following the 1st visit, and with your agreement, we will undertake a comprehensive assessment of about 1h30 :
- Usual clinical examination questionnaire
- Examination of Vital Signs
- Examination of Autonomic Signs
- Physical Examination
- Complete neuromotor and neurosensory Examination
- Oculomotor Measurements using VNG (Videonystagmography)
- Attention tests
An INDIVIDUALIZED treatment protocole will therefore be proposed to your child. It is likely to be modified according to the evolution thereof.
Protocole and care process
The treatment program consists of a series of
- active or passive, simple or complex physical stimulations.
- specific sensory stimulations.
Beyond these stimulations, the program also includes an approach
- structural (Mobilization Biomechanics, Chiropratics, Vojta reeducation method…), which takes into account the changes in the autonomous system and the brain (through videonystagmography)
- nutritional and micro-nutritional
- and attentional, which constitutes an integral part of the problem in these children and individuals.
Due to the kid’s growth pace, the earlier is a medical diagnostic, the more efficient and more valid is a diversified treatment of the different disorders.
An early intervention enables to lessen secondary symptoms and unusual behaviors.
The achievement of further investigations (EEG, MRI, electrophysiology, genetic tests…) should not delay the implementation of a treatment.